Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Now I'm in China

Colin Here-

       So it's been forever since I've made a post to this blog and I apologize. So I am gonna try and make this  a catch up post, or at least buffer to let you know whats up and where I'm at.
       A lot has happened since the trip to Berlin. Essentially I returned from Berlin in the middle of August and then almost immediately shipped off to Cincinnati, Ohio to begin my MFA adventure. (hence the never posting). Needless to say grad school is rad and full of opportunities- like the opportunity to go to Jingdezhen, China for 3 weeks, which is where I am now.
       I left Cincinnati on Sunday December 1st, had an overnight layover in Shanghai, and the caught a flight to Jingdezhen and we hit the ground running. We just finished up our 1st full day and it is now early morning on December 4th. I feel like I missed a day in there somewhere....
      This trip consists of our two faculty member Katie Parker, and Guy Michael Davis- 3 other graduate students and 7 undergraduates. We have taken over the Pottery Workshop here in Jingdezhen, we are provided meals, housing and studio space for our 3 week stay, which is already going too fast.
      Day one on the ground here was amazing and overwhelming all at once, but totally awesome. We hit the ground running meeting with moldmakers and getting introduced to vendors and shops where we will be purchasing materials and tools. Everyone here is a master at their trade and the sky is the limit.


I snapped a few pictures today and will post more tomorrow. In the mean time check out Violet Love on instagram, she has been here in Jingdezhen for the past 3 months and an awesome photo archive.







No comments:

Post a Comment