Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Some News in the Art World

So I had my first collaborative show last night in the CSU gallery called Vulture Culture.  It was a big success in my opinion and I hope everyone that reads this gets a chance to see it because it's quite the sight!  I think it's up until the 22nd?  I have never worked on such a large scale previous to this, and I plan to "one-up" it in the upcoming Repetitive Play Show.  For those of you who don't know what the show is/was about, here is the statement...

Living in a culture of scavengers sometimes we need to pick up the discarded pieces and make a meal of it. Nine artists collaborated to re-fashion a constrained space to hold an inventory of fragments such as objects, drawings, sculpture and other inventions. These inventions are here to challenge the viewers perception of the space and to create works that are not to be confined to the gallery walls.

Anyway, thought someone might be interested in seeing my (Broc's) work before the RP show!



No comments:

Post a Comment