Thursday, September 29, 2011

On Collaboration: No Rockstars

This morning during my usual morning coffee/internet session, I came across a couple of posts/links that discussed the benefits of collaboration. So I thought it fitting to make a quick post about my experience thus far in collaboration with Broc and Merrick. We began our collaboration a little over a month ago in late August. Now we have a little less than a month before our exhibition opens, and we are in full studio output mode. Along the way we have had to adapt as a group, switch gears, change plans, but all in all this collaboration has been very beneficial and enriching. Having other colleagues to bounce ideas off and to ask for help is very reassuring, and has made the studio experience very pleasant. It's kind of like having one big party all the time in the studio.   
 So all in all, I might only collaborate from here on out. Well maybe not, but it's a good support structure and has been a positive experience. We are all always churning out ideas and bringing em to the group. I wish I would have worked collaboratively sooner. 

Here are the couple links that I came across this morning. The Ken Robinson video mainly deals with education, but it does touch on collaboration and is a good watch anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U
http://www.core77.com/blog/education/collaboration_no_rockstars_please_by_paul_backett_20547.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment